An outreach campaign is an important marketing strategy where you reach out to influential people with your content pitch and they assist you in marketing your niche influence, which can eventually aid in promotion of your business.
In outreach campaigns, the influencers you approach should have audiences interested in your products and services. It’s a win-win situation for you and the influencer because they get content to work on while your business receives increased traffic and visibility.
This article will help you understand the benefits of an outreach campaign and five effective steps to carry out your outreach marketing campaign.
Benefits of Outreach Campaigns
The outreach marketing campaigns, when effective, can result in the following:
- Build brand awareness.
- Promote and enhance your business growth.
- Generate leads.
- Gain backlinks for SEO outreach.
- Collect data through case studies and surveys.
- Increase customer retention.
- Effect collaborations and partnerships.
It looks like a whole package of benefits you can gain with an outreach campaign, doesn’t it? Let’s dive into the steps in achieving these benefits from outreach campaigns.
# 1 Promote Your Content
Content marketing is an effective strategy to promote a business. But would you require content in an outreach campaign? You need a content strategy to carry out your content outreach campaigns.
Before you start creating content for your business, create buyer personas, that is, the people you would like to target. Creating content for everyone is too general and will not let you achieve your specific business goals. Keeping your buyer personas in mind, create great content, promote that content, and use the leverage of outreach campaigns.
Create content that answers most of your target audience’s questions. Your content needs to be informative and beneficial to your target audience. Let them know you value their opinion. Spread the word and ask them for their opinion on your content. Eventually, your target audience may convert to your brand advocates. Unlike a paid partnership, your brand advocates’ positive review will drive more visibility to your products and services.
In content outreach campaigns, email marketing can be very effective. Send emails with a creative subject line. Your outreach email can have links attached about your latest content you are promoting to redirect the readers to your business website.
#2 Build Relationships
The myth that few outreach campaigns are spammy isn’t true. One of the main intentions or goals of an outreach marketing campaign is building relationships.
Building relationships via outreach campaigns is reaching out to brands in your business circle. Concentrate on brands (excluding your competitors) whose audiences have a similar interest in your products. Here’s where the term collaborations come in.
Your audience reach gets more extensive by collaborating with other brands. This also makes your target audience trust your business because another fellow brand collaborates with you.
To understand this better, here’s an example: Let’s say your brand sells phone cases; you can collaborate with mobile brands in selling your mobile cases along with their product. You can set your business goal around this and start your outreach campaign.
#3 Acquiring and Retaining Customer
What is the use of creating and promoting content or building relationships with fellow brands? The mere goal is to gain potential customers and retain your existing customers.
Speaking in numbers (money invested, followers count) and efforts required to retain and gain customers are at different poles.
A recent survey suggests that the probability of selling a product to an existing customer is 60 to 70%, while selling to a new customer is 5 to 20%. And it costs 5 times higher to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing customer.
While new potential customers for any business are mandatory, paying attention to your existing ones builds relationships and increases customer loyalty.
But there is no guarantee that your present customers might prefer a different business one day. Giving them a good impression about your brand will lure them back to your business sooner or later. This way, you continue to build a community and increase your business growth.
The following are the outreach strategies to acquire a new customer:
- With the buyer personas you have created, be precise in your target market.
- Dig in deep and discover which platform most of your target market uses.
- Send out personalized and crisp messages to your potential customers via the platforms they mostly use.
Now that you have an idea of how to attract potential customers, the following are tips to retain your existing customers using your marketing strategy:
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to keep track of your customer’s buying patterns, wishlisted products, and feedback.
- With the help of insights you have received from CRM tools, start personalized email marketing campaigns.
- Start a customer loyalty program and encourage them to join for unique promotions.
With the outreach campaign tips in retaining and acquiring target audiences, you can achieve high retention and conversion rates for your business.
#4 Influencer Approach
Influencer marketing is another effective outreach campaign you can follow for your business growth. Influencer marketing can be very successful because most people trust and prefer product recommendations and opinions from influencers or celebrities they follow.
Additionally, 71% of the marketers have found that the audience they gain via influencers is of an added value to their business compared to the ones they earn via other marketing efforts.
Here’s an idea: to make the most out of your influencer marketing, you can host Giveaways. Collaborate with an influencer with a good number of followers and host giveaways with your products.
The following are your tips to start your outreach campaign with influential individuals:
- Find and list the number of successful bloggers you research that suit your business. Try listing them based on their audiences and cross-verify if their audience suits your potential audience.
- Research why they suit your outreach campaign. And figure out a way to approach them with an irresistible outreach campaign.
- Prepare a personalized outreach campaign to establish a good relationship with influential individuals and convert them into brand ambassadors one day. Their positive response to your marketing efforts will help you win quality backlinks.
With an outreach marketing campaign, you can gain an audience and boost your traffic in no time.
#5 Social Media Leverage
Your marketing efforts for your business will not be completed if the usage of social media platforms is not included. Social media platforms are a better way to reach a wider audience.
Since promoting content and gathering influencers is in the cards for your outreach campaigns, your business being active on social media platforms is necessary. To be on top of the game in your social media outreach, here are a few tips to follow:
- Know dynamically changing trends
- Use hashtags
- Engage with your followers
- Create interesting content
- Post regularly
- Explore all forms of content (i.e.) static pots, videos, reels, and guides
- Share your content via Direct Message (DM)
Here’s a small heads up about the number of active users on social media:
- Twitter tops the game with the number of social media users currently around 290.5 million.
- Facebook has a massive number of users nearing 239.65 million.
- Ranking third in the social media platform, Instagram has 230.25 million users.
- Being a professional platform, LinkedIn has approximately 169.00 million users.
- TikTok has made its way through social media attracting Gen Z. Tiktok has 136 million users.
From sharing your content to keeping your business activities, social media will help your business gain exposure and reach numerous audiences that might be interested in your products and services.
Outreach marketing campaigns help your business grow by promoting your content and link building to PR. With the most effective marketing strategy in hand, you can achieve your business goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Outreach Program?
An outreach program is a marketing strategy for approaching your outreach tasks with successful bloggers who have a strong relationship with your target audience.
Why prefer outreach marketing over inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing requires time for your business to grow. Though it is effective, your SEO techniques are time-consuming. However, you don’t need to wait for the search engines to count your business; instead, you reach out to people with similar interests.
What is the difference between email outreach and email marketing?
Email marketing is prepared to attract people who have willingly signed up for your emails. In contrast, email outreach is to reach out to people who might not have known about your brand or business yet.