The Internet requires more and more digital marketers each day as we continue to fully embrace digital transformation. Businesses require marketing professionals and link builders for their websites. Let’s take a look at some examples of link building job descriptions and the skill set they’ll require from you.
Prerequisites Before Applying for a Link Building Job
Link building, as a job, requires a specific skill set (both soft and hard skills) to be qualified for it. The job is a combination of technical and social skills that, when applied, will guarantee a business some high-quality backlinks. That’s why companies require a couple of prerequisites before accepting you on the job.
Here are the most common prerequisites that companies require for a link builder:
- Knowledgeable about SEO – SEO is the bread-and-butter of link building, and it’s the top requirement for a link builder. You must know the different types of SEO and how each of them works.
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder – it’s required to have at least a bachelor’s degree to be a link building specialist. A degree in communication or IT is preferred but not required.
- Sense of urgency – link building is a time-sensitive job because clients set deadlines for their requirements. Thus, a sense of urgency is needed to complete the tasks in the set time frame.
- Communication skills – you’ll encounter different types of persons when building links. A good communicator is necessary to earn links.
- Knowledgeable about link building tools – to build links, you have to operate a number of link building software. These tools will make the job easier.
- Eager in finding new link building opportunities – you must know how to use advanced search settings on Google to find new link building opportunities for your client.
7 Examples of Link Building Job Descriptions
Different companies have different requirements for a link building job. They also have different job descriptions for a link building specialist. There are a lot of aspects in link building, and you have to be flexible to build a good link profile for your clients.
However, we can generalize the job descriptions of different companies. These standard responsibilities are:
- Research websites for outreach opportunities
- Drawing a strategy to build links for your client’s website
- Use web-based tools for link building (e.g. Ahrefs, Pitchbox)
- Monitoring the backlinks and improvements in the performance of the client’s website
- Write content and monitor quality of the content with the client’s backlink
Here are 7 examples of link building job descriptions from different link building companies:
- Execute daily strategies to acquire links towards clients’ websites to boost their rankings on Google.
- Reach out to bloggers and website owners and acquire high quality links through article contributions.
- Assign article topics to our editorial team.
- Monitor and analyze client backlinks and keyword rankings through digital tools like Ahrefs, Cognitive SEO, and Accuranker.
- Experiment on different strategies and look for new websites for link opportunities.
2. Horizontal Digital Senior SEO Specialist Job Description
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Lead the strategic development for SEO campaigns, starting from kick-off and extending thru post-launch and on-going support.
- Prepare and execute on-page optimization strategies to achieve organic visibility for our clients.
- Develop website technical audits to identify areas of concern from an SEO perspective.
- Review website server logs, crawl reports, and analytics reports to produce strategies to improve indexation.
- Review web analytics data to provide feedback to our internal team on performance, and to analyze visitor behavior and trends to develop next steps.
- Work with internal resources to prepare, plan, and execute link building and content marketing strategies.
- Coordinate regularly with our website development, SEM, design, and business development teams, as well as with senior management, to ensure that clients are attaining positive outcomes.
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content.
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Take the lead to set digital strategy for clients that will best help them improve their online visibility and meet goals.
- Analyze strategy opportunities and recommend strategies, interactions or approaches.
- Determine digital channels to be leveraged and formulate tactics that align with current trends and client goals.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Track, measure and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identify recommendations and opportunities for improvement.
- Interpret and present data to Clients, as well as using the learnings to make adjustments.
- Provide level of effort and time estimates for project deliverables to assist account service team.
- Assist in the management of client expectations throughout project lifecycle.
- Assist in client presentations to identify key strategic challenges, define digital needs and provide strategic solutions.
- Mentor team members (and clients). Proactively keeps abreast of industry trends and communicates briefs to the broader team.
- Take ownership of and ensure that all work is created according to our own high standards and the standards of each one of our clients.
- Assess clients’ and prospects’ websites.
- Work with team to ensure strategy across channels is in sync.
Location: La Mirada, California
- Work with the SEO Manager to research people and websites.
- Import and organize people and websites within Buzzstream.
- Use web-based tools to submit multiple business listings (citations).
- Perform and track outreach through social, email and telephone.
- Report to SEO Manager with successes, progress and opportunities.
Location: Charles Town, West Virginia
- Develops optimization strategies that increase the company’s search engine results rankings to drive results towards business objectives.
- Owns the execution of on-site and off-site SEO tactics with the goal of improving SEO performance against defined KPIs: search visibility, visits, leads, engagement metrics, and conversions.
- Performs keyword research to identify high-value search phrases to drive traffic that will convert into leads on web properties and be used within marketing materials.
- Optimizes on-page elements such as title tag, meta description, URL, headings, images, internal links and more.
- Researches and craft strategies to address SEO trends across channels (e.g. mobile, and voice recognition), and then be able to share research with other marketing team members.
- Develops and execute effective link-building strategies.
- Partners with IT counterparts to promote SEO best practices.
- Leads SEO training opportunities for other marketing team members and client/partner stakeholders.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Analytics team develop and maintain an SEO dashboard for analysis and reporting.
- Stays on the cutting edge of SEO best practices tools and techniques to develop new ideas forward for testing and beta initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
6. Bixal SEO & Digital Marketing Specialist Job Description
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links.
- Work with project managers to develop and monitor project plans and schedules to meet marketing goals, budgets, and timelines.
- Work with the web development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code; recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Ensure marketing programs are set up properly in various marketing tools, including Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and others as available.
- Monitor campaign effectiveness, goal attribution, and provide recommendations for optimization across the campaign lifecycle.
- Perform other duties as required.
Location: Denver, Colorado
- Identify competitive gaps and new opportunities for organic growth.
- Conduct keyword research, develop SEO strategies, and implement those strategies to consistently increase SERP rankings and organic traffic.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals.
- Perform technical SEO crawl audits in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages and distill recommendations for clients in clear and concise reports.
- Administer technical elements of SEO programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools, Google analytics) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects.
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments. Continually stay on top of changes to Google algorithms.
- Work with Account team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients.
- Provide subject matter expertise to FiveFifty teams and clients.
Here are the job descriptions of companies that are currently hiring SEO and link building specialists. You’ll notice that these companies look for people who are capable of the standard responsibilities of a link builder, and then some.
If you have the skills and professional competencies of an SEO specialist, then you should go and send your resume to one of these companies. There are a lot more companies searching for qualified link builders. All you have to do is to reach out to them. Happy hunting!
What is a link-building specialist?
A Link Building Specialist is an individual who is responsible for acquiring new links to improve a client’s Google rankings. He or she is in charge of locating high-quality links and establishing relationships with them through article submissions.
What is link building services?
Link building services implement various SEO techniques that aims to find possibilities for your website to gain useful inbound links from high-authority domains. Backlinks are an essential ranking feature that search engines use to evaluate whether websites are trustworthy and authoritative.
How do you become a link builder?
- An understanding of SEO concepts and a general understanding of SEO.
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Skills in strategy and analysis