Since more people are starting to do their shopping online, businesses need to adapt. They respond by making their products and services available online. This is why digital marketing is taking the industry by storm. What better way to learn more about it than internet marketing books?
Finding the best internet marketing books can be a challenge since every book has its own strengths and weaknesses. What’s important is that they are able to effectively teach their readers valuable information.
All the books included in this list are guaranteed to help you learn more about digital marketing for your brand. Each of them has something unique to teach you.
Please note that the list is not arranged in any particular order. All of them are equally helpful to their readers.
With that out of the way, let’s dive into the best internet marketing books to help you step up your marketing game!
In this article
- 1. Digital Marketing Strategy An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing By Simon Kingsnorth
- 2. Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business By Donald Miller
- 3. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Veynerchuk
- 4. Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too By Gary Vaynerchuk
- 5. Building a Story Brand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen By Donald Miller
- 6.Friction Fatigue: What the Failure of Advertising Means for Future-Focused Brands By Paul Dyer
- 7. Don’t Make Me Think Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability By Steve Krug
- 8. Digital Marketing For Dummies, 2nd Edition By Deiss
- 9. What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint By Nicholas Webb
- 10. Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers by Russell Brunson
- Key Takeaway
- Suggested Reads
1. Digital Marketing Strategy An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing By Simon Kingsnorth
This is a second edition of the bestselling guide, Digital Marketing Strategy. Readers will get an accessible, step-by-step framework that enables planning, integration, and measurement of each digital platform and technique. It’s one of the most diverse and jam-packed internet marketing books on the list.
The topics readers will encounter in this book are the following:
- Social media
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content marketing and user experience
- Customer loyalty
This edition also features updates on the following:
- Marketing automation
- Messaging and email
- Online and offline integration
- The power of technologies such as AI
- Data protection and privacy strategies
There are even downloadable templates and resources. For online resources, these include the following:
- Practical implementation guides spanning SEO
- Paid search
- Lead generation and more
2. Marketing Made Simple: A Step-by-Step StoryBrand Guide for Any Business By Donald Miller
A lot of brands struggle to find their voice. They don’t know how to tell their consumers who they are and what value they can add to their customer’s lives. If this keeps going on, it will cause detrimental effects on the sales of the company.
Donald Miller, a New York Times best-selling author, wrote the book as a guide for people who are looking to develop their brand’s message. He even provides a five-part checklist that helps readers apply the StoryBrand messaging framework. This framework aims to develop, strengthen, and communicate a brand’s story to the marketplace.
Marketing Made Simple is one of the best internet marketing books when it comes to finding a brand’s message. It’s a great book to read if you’re looking for foundational knowledge in marketing.
3. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Veynerchuk
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by social media expert Gary Vaynerchuk is enjoyable from the first page because he demonstrates how to connect with customers amidst the competition. This book acts as a blueprint for those trying to explore social media marketing. The book explains case studies from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest and how each social media platform works.
This book acts as a tactics guide for marketers to win their audience through social media marketing. So it is a must-read for anyone interested in social media marketing.
He also explains the right hook is not to develop quality content, but to create tailor-made content that correlates and fit into the right social media strategies and campaigns, which enhances your conversions and results.
4. Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too By Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary Vaynerchuk is a four-time New York Times best-selling author. He features dozens of influencers and entrepreneurs who offer new lessons and inspiration.
Crushing It! was one of the international bestseller internet marketing books in 2009. Despite being published a few years back, the concepts discussed in the book remain relevant today. Gary offers his unique perspective on the things that have changed and principles that remain timeless.
The secret to the success of the entrepreneurs featured in the book (and Gary’s) lies in their understanding of social media platforms. They are willing to do whatever it takes to use these tools to their maximum potential.
Gary dissects these social media platforms and offers both theoretical and tactical advice on making it big on these platforms.
5. Building a Story Brand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen By Donald Miller
A lot of marketers and business owners struggle to find the right words to talk about their products. They find it hard to effectively connect with their customers, which costs them in the long run. This is why they turn to internet marketing books and Building a Brand Story is a great one to start on.
Donald Miller, the author of the book, acknowledges how it is near-impossible for marketers and business owners to reach customers. We’re living in a world filled with constant distractions. Getting your message across is harder than most people think.
Donald Miller has created a proven system that helps readers engage and truly influence customers. In this book, he shares that system with the readers.
A clear and distinct message will help your customers understand what you can do for them. The author of the book teaches marketers and business owners the seven universal elements of powerful stories. These elements will help improve how readers develop the message they need to connect with their customers.
6.Friction Fatigue: What the Failure of Advertising Means for Future-Focused Brands By Paul Dyer
Friction Fatigue focuses on how to navigate your way in an era where advertising may not be the answer anymore.
Google and Facebook have developed strategies on how to deliver personalized advertisements to their users. They use the information of user’s search queries to deliver ads that react to their needs.
As consumers who are on the internet most of the time, we are constantly bombarded with these ads. It has become so invasive, we usually find advertisements for things that we were just talking about.
In response to this, consumers have started using ad blockers and ad-free subscriptions. They have also started to call upon the regulation of the information overreach of these companies. Users want marketing to be under their terms.
Paul, marketing expert and the author of the book, dissects this problem piece by piece. He then gives the readers a frictionless marketing framework to help build brands. You’ll also get tips on fresh marketing strategies.
7. Don’t Make Me Think Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability By Steve Krug
The first installation of this book, Don’t Make Me Think, was first published in 2000. Since then, the guide has been a go-to for hundreds of thousands of Web designers and developers. It helped them in understanding the principles of intuitive navigation and information design.
Steve Krug revisits this classic with a fresh perspective, re-examining the principles that made the first installation a classic. It also contains updated examples, a chapter on mobile usability, illustrations, and witty remarks.
8. Digital Marketing For Dummies, 2nd Edition By Deiss
Digital Marketing for Dummies is a book that makes sure the readers are fully equipped with the tools they need for the digital world. The readers will also discover how these tools can help expand your brand’s reach and increase the number of new customers.
The author talks about how to identify the digital markets and what media works best for your business. Aside from this, the worth of internet traffic, managing online leads, and converting visitors into paying clients will also be discussed.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the book:
- Targeted digital strategies for increasing brand awareness
- The best-fit online markets for your unique brand
- Downloadable tools to put ideas into action
9. What Customers Crave: How to Create Relevant and Memorable Experiences at Every Touchpoint By Nicholas Webb
Knowing your customers is the main game of the industry. Knowing them for who they are and what they want is what will get your business ahead of competitors. The best companies in the world invest so much in researching what their customers want and how to give it to them.
Nicholas Webb, a world-renowned innovation thought leader and the author of this book, simplifies this long discussion with 2 questions. What do customers love? What do they hate?
What Customers Crave is jam-packed with tools and examples that will help readers understand better. It is a must-have resource if you’re looking to reinvent how to engage with customers.
In this book, you’ll be learning how to:
- Identify who your customers are and what do they care about
- Refine customer types through using Listening Posts and Contact Point Innovation
- Craft exceptional and relevant experiences tailored for each micro-market
- Identify the five most important touchpoints and how to connect across them
- Co-create with your customers
Learning how to provide exactly what your customers want will not only get you sales but also recommendations. If your customers start telling their friends about how much they enjoyed your product or service, that’s more sales in the future.
10. Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers by Russell Brunson
Traffic Secrets is a book for budding entrepreneurs who have experience creating exceptional products or services but are not sure or aware of the importance of widening their audience. Russel Brunson provides universal principles to reach target customers and attract organic traffic to products and services.
It breaks down both the human psychology and the fundamental algorithms of social media while providing a clear idea of how to transform the visibility of a business, where it is an established business or a start-up. Traffic Secrets is a must-read for entrepreneurs and professionals who desire to change their organizations.
Learning how to market and advertise your brand online can be a daunting task at the start. There’s so much to learn and so many factors to consider to effectively market your products and services.
Fortunately, there are tons of materials that we can read to learn more about it. Different experts have taken their expertise and made it into these internet marketing books. We get to see how experts do it.
It’s not advisable to choose just one out of the internet marketing books above. Despite all of them aiming to teach you more about digital marketing, each of them has unique wisdom to offer. Although it would take time to go through all of these books, doing so will be a great asset for your brand. For more exciting information in the world of marketing check out our recent blogs.