Artificial intelligence has been in constant development for more than fifty years now. At this point, AI has started to make our lives easier and is capable of creating content that is often nearly identical to content created by humans.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT has ensured that we can have a natural-sounding human-like conversation with an AI. In this article, let’s look at its features, pros and cons to ensure that you can seamlessly use them in your business.
In this article you’ll find:
- What is Google Bard?
- What is ChatGPT?
- Applications of ChatGPT
- Pros of Using ChatGPT
- Cons of ChatGPT
- Final Thoughts
- Related Reads
What is Google Bard?
Google Bard is a conversational AI chatbot powered by Google’s Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA). Bard leverages the power of the language model to draw information from the web to provide with a high-quality response to the user.
Google Bard can help you in answering queries, generating creative responses, process and generate responses that are helpful and understandable for even the most complex of queries.
As of now, Google Bard is not yet available for everyone’s use. It is being rolled out to testers at this stage. Google has promised that they will release Bard for the public in the coming weeks.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot that engages in human-like conversation but can also create content. It was created by OpenAI and was trained using an architecture named GPT-3, which uses a huge volume of text data from all over the internet.
This conversational AI can perform various tasks such as answering questions, offering explanations, generating creative content, performing sentiment analysis on a text, translating content from one language to another, and much more.
Recently more websites and tools have started integrating ChatGPT to offer better customer service. Since we have used and worked with ChatGPT, let’s take a look at the applications of it.
Applications of ChatGPT
As mentioned in the above section, ChatGPT has many applications that can be integrated across all sectors. The following are some of the major applications of ChatGPT that you should be aware of:
Chatbots for Customer Service
Many brands have already integrated chatbots for their customer service support. This minimizes the need for human intervention for customer support and allows the brand to offer customer support around the clock.
ChatGPT offers a human touch to the conversation. This can be used to get information about products, look at the reviews, answer questions, and help the customer manage orders, track them, and return or refund when necessary.
Brands can have their website, mobile applications, or other platforms integrate with ChatGPT and engage their customers through a friendly, human-like conversation that improves the customer experience.
Language translation has always been a requirement for a business that has a global presence. Finding representatives for every language can become quite tedious when companies plan on expanding worldwide.
ChatGPT can help you translate your conversation with your customers, business partners, and stakeholders. Integrating ChatGTP into your communication channel will help you offer a seamless language translation of your conversations.
One of the most important features of ChatGPT is that it can generate various forms of text per the user’s request.
ChatGPT can generate the following types of content:
- Text completion and continuation
- Answering Questions
- Summarizing lengthy texts
- Creative writing
- Article writing
- Poetry generation
- Product descriptions and reviews
The features of ChatGPT help you create content for blog posts, copywriting, and various other formats, with output that is often indistinguishable from human-written content.
Sentiment analysis considers a piece of text (predominantly reviews for now) from users. This analysis will give you an idea of how your target audience receives your product or service and their sentiment.
This helps in offering insights into the reception of your business, including related emotions, so you can tweak your strategies and cater to your audience better.
ChatGPT can perform sentiment analysis on your text and provide you with positive, negative, and neutral information. It can help you monitor your reputation and provide you with the customer’s emotions when integrated with your chatbots.
ChatGPT can help you with information retrieval that is available from any database on the internet. It can search, analyze and retrieve information based on the user’s request.
This application can find usage in various systems, such as virtual assistants and knowledge management systems. Information retrieval is fast and accurate through ChatGPT.
It is important to understand that ChatGPT is constantly evolving. This means that new features are always being implemented in this conversational chatbot, and users will get the incremental benefits of even more applications over time.
Some potential applications accessed through ChatGPT are Personal shopping assistants, Personal to-do list makers, financial planners, advisors, and event assistants.
Pros of Using ChatGPT
The following are the pros of using ChatGPT for various applications in your business:
- ChatGPT comprises a huge volume of data, making it easier to provide almost every piece of information regarding the user’s input. This is possible since the AI has been trained with a large amount of text data.
- The responses generated from ChatGPT are accurate to the point that it is almost indistinguishable from the human-written text.
- ChatGPT gives you real-time responses, making it highly adaptable for applications requiring real-time processed responses.
- It can be integrated with almost any application since it can be fine-tuned to work with other domains. This makes it easy to seamlessly integrate into customer services, online shopping chatbots, and messaging app integration.
- Regarding the generation of content, ChatGPT is a cost-reduced alternative to human intervention. This applies to domains that require generated content, such as blog posts, news articles, and copywriting
Cons of ChatGPT
While ChatGPT is good for various applications, certain limitations need to understand before completely integrating them into your business:
- ChatGPT draws information from a huge volume of data. However, it is still limited to the data it already has and can only generate text based on that.
- ChatGPT does not understand the full context of a conversation, which might lead to incorrect responses.
- The response from ChatGPT might contain some bias if the data used to train it also has bias.
- When training ChatGPT with a very large volumes of data, a lot of computational power is required, and this could get challenging for many organizations dealing with massive data volume.
- While it is true that ChatGPT generates human-like responses, it does not come with the creativity and originality of humans.
How Will Google Bard Fare Against ChatGPT
One of the main difference between Google Bard and ChatGPT is that they both use different language model for processing queries. ChatGPT uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 language model while Google Bard makes use of LaMDA language model.
Another crucial difference is that, Google Bard provides real time information by combing the web for relevant news and processes queries. This ensures that the information is up to date and reliable. On the other hand, ChatGPT makes use of the database to retrieve information and this database is limited to information until 2021.
While these are the main differences, Google Bard has all the features that are included in ChatGPT added to that, it also provides real-time information that makes it much more reliable.
When using both Google Bard and ChatGPT, it is necessary to analyze your business requirements and check if there are any areas where you can leverage an AI-powered conversational chatbot to improve your business.
Conversational AI chatbots can integrate with your customer support system, help you create content, translate text, and more. Ensure that you also understand the limitations of it and tread carefully to make the best use of it.