The best way to drive traffic back to your website is through organic link building. Building links is a key factor for ranking in search engines. High-quality backlinks increase your website’s authority on SERPs. There are a lot of benefits from link building that you’ll enjoy – if you do it right.
But this is not an easy task. Since Google updated its algorithm, gaining high-quality backlinks has become more difficult. PBN (Private Blog Network) is now labeled as a black hat technique and can put your site to further risk.
To build quality links, some tools can aid your cause. Link building software makes it easy for you to build high-quality organic backlinks. By using these software, you can create a link building campaign that will drive organic traffic to your website.
This article will discuss the best link building tools for 2022. These tools will help you find new opportunities and improve your link building campaign.
3 Must-Have Characteristics of a Good Link Building Software
A good link building software must be competitive with other link building tools. Ideally, the perfect software to build links should be able to help you find new opportunities. This includes finding new sites to get a backlink from.
Here are the must-have characteristics of a good link building tool:
1. Email Outreach
First and foremost, the tool of your choice should be able to make new outreach opportunities. It should be easy to use and understand, even a beginner can maneuver it. A commonly-used email outreach tool used by blogger outreach services is PitchBox.
PitchBox is an extraordinary tool that has been used by digital marketers for years. Through the years, it has been the trusted outreach tool to connect with bloggers and website owners. Our link building experts at LinkDoctor™ use PitchBox to reach out to bloggers.
You can streamline your outreach process through PitchBox. The win rate and response rate are shown per project. This summary shows you which outreach projects are safe and which are critical.
PitchBox also has metrics fetched from trusted SEO metrics websites such as Ahrefs, Moz, and MajesticSEO. Also, you can find new opportunities using PitchBox. This makes it a perfect easy-to-use tool for link building.
2. Finding New Opportunities
Finding the next big thing for your website can be challenging at times. There are a lot of websites within the same niche and you can’t choose which sites to outreach to. Luckily, you can find new opportunities on link building tools like Ahrefs.
Ahrefs Site Explorer Tool
We all know that Ahrefs is one of the commonly used tools for SEO purposes. According to a link building survey conducted by LinkDoctor, the majority of digital marketers use Ahrefs for link building. SEO professionals rely on Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Moz for their link building strategies.
You can find new opportunities in Ahrefs Site Explorer Tool by doing a website competitor analysis. By knowing what websites are linking to your competitors, you’ll know what domains to outreach to. This opens up a lot of good opportunities for link building.
However, it doesn’t mean that if your competitor is linking to a certain site, then you’ll link to them as well. You have to examine the metrics closely to gain backlinks from credible websites.
Here are the metrics provided by Ahrefs:
The faster way to do this is by using the Link Intersect Tool. This lets you analyze what backlinks your competitors have that you don’t. If all your competitors have backlinks from the same domains, then you can grab this opportunity and build links with them as well.
Ahrefs has a lot more to offer when it comes to SEO analysis. It’s a good investment to sign up for an account to enjoy the full benefit of this powerful tool.
3. Competitor Analysis
A good link building software must also be capable of website assessment. By reverse-engineering your competitor’s backlinks, you can gain new backlinks of your own. Moz Link Explorer Tool gives a detailed analysis of your competitor’s backlinks.
Moz Link Explorer Tool
Moz has a collection of tools for different SEO purposes. And for link building, the most useful tool that MozPro has is the Link Explorer Tool. It shows you the sites that are linking to your competitors.
Here are some links that are easy to mimic from your competitors:
- Guest post backlinks
- Resource links
- User-generated links
Another awesome feature of MozPro is the MozBar Chrome Extension. By adding this extension to Chrome, you can see the metrics for websites you see in SERPs.
It should look something like this:
MozBar shows the number of links that the domain has. This information can help in finding the best links to reach out to.
Best Link Building Tools for 2022
Now that we’re past the part of quality control, it’s time to name the top-rated link building software to use for 2022. This software is not ranked because they function as part of a whole link building strategy. Each one of this software can be used to propel your link building campaigns.
How to use Ahrefs:
There are a lot of tools that you can use in Ahrefs. But the most useful tool to use for link building is the Link Intersect tool.
- Input your competitor’s domain or URL (up to 10 domains).
- Place your domain on the last bar.
- Click on the Show link opportunities button at the bottom of the domains.
- Compare which links your competitors have but you don’t. These are link opportunities that you can grab for building links.
You can use Ahrefs for free but you have restricted access to some tools. To access all the tools in Ahrefs, different plans cater to different kinds of businesses. Their prices range from $99-$999 per month, making it a premium tool.
How to use MozPro:
Like Ahrefs, you can use Moz for free. However, you are only limited to a very few searches. MozPro is the paid version of Moz which allows you to access all the tools that Moz provides. And the most useful tool in Moz is the Link Explorer tool.
- You can use your competitor’s specific URL or domain to analyze their site.
- Compare multiple competitors and see what links refer to them.
- Reverse engineer their backlinks and make them your own by reaching out to them.
- Check the anchor texts used by your competitors for their links using the Keyword Explorer tool.
Their pricing starts at $99 per month. But before starting your paid plan on Moz, you can avail of a 30-day free trial to test the capabilities of their software.
How to use Hunter.io:
With over 100+ million email addresses indexed on their website, Hunter.io is the best software to use when finding email addresses online. You can find accurate contact information of your prospect so you can outreach to them.
- Place the URL of the website or blog on the search bar.
- You will see different email addresses for different personnel in the company.
- Select which contact email you need to reach out to your prospect.
NOTE: Select the contact information with the highest confidence score to make sure that the email address is still active.
Hunter.io is free to use, but the emails are blurred out. The price range for the paid option is $49-$399 per month. We highly recommend getting a paid option to pull the right email address that you need.
How to use PitchBox:
PitchBox is an all-around outreach app that’s been trusted by email marketers for years. This software is capable to handle large-scale link building campaigns. You can also make email templates to make your campaigns fully automated.
- After getting your prospect’s email address from Hunter.io, you can make your email content and send it to your prospect. You can also use a template for your email.
- Respond to your opportunities on the software.
- Send scheduled emails to opportunities if they’re away from work.
- Maintain a pipeline of your campaigns to make sure that you’re not missing any link building opportunities.
Since this software is a one-stop-shop for link prospecting and outreach, the software comes with a price. For $195-$395 a month, you can use the best link building tool for outreach campaigns.
How to use Disavow Links Tool:
Disavow Links Tool is a tool that’s dedicated to disavowing bad links from your link profile. This software automatically makes the disavow file required by Google Search Console to remove backlinks from your page.
- List all the links you want to be removed or disavowed from your website. Save the file in .txt format.
- Upload the .txt file and create a disavow file.
- Countercheck your .txt file by running the disavow file on the software. This will show which links will be disavowed and which aren’t.
- Wait for web crawlers to crawl your site again and check if the bad links were removed.
This software is free to use. And since you’re not limited by a paid option or a trial version, you can make as many disavow files as you want. But make sure that you only disavow links that harm your backlink profile and SEO.
How to use SEMRush:
Based on its capabilities, SEMRush is comparable to other link building tools like Ahrefs and Moz. SEMRush also helps you get high-quality links by filtering domains according to search metrics. The metric used for SEMRush is the domain’s Page Authority (PA).
- Make an account or log in with your account and access the dashboard.
- You can access different tools depending on your link building needs (keyword research, competitive analysis, link checker, and outreach tool).
- You can also do a full SEO site audit and generate content trends.
SEMRush offers a lot of tools and the price is very understandable. At $99 per month, you will have access to one of the best link building tools out there. There’s also a trial version to familiarize yourself with the tools.
How to use MajesticSEO:
MajesticSEO is another backlink analysis tool that’s relatively cheaper compared to a premium SEO tool like Ahrefs or Moz. But don’t underestimate the capabilities of this SEO tool because it has a huge link index. You can check referring domains, broken links, and backlink profiles of the blogs you’re outreaching to.
- Input the URL of the blog where you’ll submit your guest posts.
- Check the Trust Flow of the blog. This indicates the authority of a blog in the niche.
- Check the Citation Flow of the blog. This metric indicates the reliability of a blog’s citations to check which sites are spammy.
What’s most attractive in MajesticSEO is its price point. At the price of $49 per month, you can do a reliable link analysis for your guest post opportunities.
How to use Linkody:
Linkody is a cheap option if you want to check a website’s backlinks. This tool gathers its data from multiple sources. This SEO tool gives certain metrics (DA, spam score, and anchor text usage) to help you find high-quality links to your site.
- Start your backlink analysis by entering the domain of your website (or your competitor’s).
- Analyze results based on the metrics provided by the tool.
- Check for domains that are linking to your competitor.
- Set alerts if your competitors gain a new and unique link.
This tool is best for novice link builders because it comes at a cheap price. For as low as $15 a month, you will have access to this powerful tool and all it has to offer. You can also sign up for a free 30-day trial to test the software out.
How to use HARO:
HARO (Help A Reporter Out) is a digital PR software used by digital marketers to communicate with reporters and journalists from high-authority websites. Keep track of links and mentions from journalists by using this next-level link building tool.
If you’re signing up as a source, HARO is free to use. As long as you’re providing high-quality blog posts that can be used by journalists, you can earn new links as well.
How to use MailShake:
MailShake is an outreach tool used to send personalized emails in mass quantities. MailShake offers pre-made template responses for link prospecting. It’s an awesome tool to automate your campaigns and talk to your leads.
- Compose an email or edit their pre-made templates according to your desired content.
- Choose a contact to send your email to.
- Hit send and schedule an automated response or a scheduled message.
- Use the “virtual dialer” from the software to reach out to your leads through a phone call.
The price for the paid option in MailShake is $59, which is considerably low because it’s such a good tool to use. But to access the premium features (like phone dialer), you’ll have to pay more for that.
How to use CognitiveSEO:
There’s something unique about CognitiveSEO that you won’t find on other backlink checker tools. This tool is the best one to analyze weaknesses in your link building campaign. You can also see what influential and high-authority links your site has.
- Analyze your link profile and find unnatural links that can harm your SEO.
- Check what percentage of your links are authoritative.
- Strengthen your campaigns by knowing their weaknesses.
There’s a free trial for this software and the paid option starts at $99. If you’re running under a strict budget, CognitiveSEO is an awesome tool that won’t cost you much.
How to use BuzzStream:
BuzzStream is another type of outreach software, like PitchBox and MailShake. You can streamline your campaigns and keep track of your progress through BuzzStream. This tool can also help you find the email addresses of your prospects.
- Make a compilation of the websites within your niche in a CSV file.
- Upload the CSV file and wait for the tool to find contact information for the sites.
- Compose an email or edit a pre-made template from BuzzStream.
- Send the email to your prospect. Schedule follow-ups if necessary.
BuzzStream is relatively cheaper compared to PitchBox. Their paid option starts at $24 a month for a single user. The price goes higher if there are more users (up to $999 for 15+ users).
How to use Link Prospector:
For finding and grabbing new opportunities for link building, one of the best tools to use is Link Prospector. And the results that this tool gives are closely related to your site so you won’t have to dig for a needle in the haystack. It identifies niche-related websites and sorts them automatically.
- Enter keywords related to your site and start searching for prospects.
- The result will be a list and you can sort them according to their Link Target Score (LTS).
Their plan starts at $47 a month with 20 credits. A report usually costs 1 credit. Their most popular plan comes at $127 a month with 75 credits. This plan is perfect for link builders who want to search for new opportunities.
How to use Broken Link Builder:
Broken links are also useful when it comes to link building. These are previously linking sites that removed your backlink. Using this link building software, you can take advantage of broken links that are closely related to your niche.
- Type a keyword or a phrase in the search bar and wait for the results.
- From these results, choose broken links that are closely related to your niche (Grade C or better).
- Reach out to these websites and ask if you could link to them.
Since this software came from Citation Labs (same as Link Prospector software), the price for this software is also the same.
How to use GroupHigh:
GroupHigh is an awesome link building tool for blogger outreach. It’s like a search engine, but for blogs. It gives a list of relevant blogs according to your search query and keywords.
This link building software is very useful to find link building opportunities in the blogging and social media community. You can submit a guest post to a blog or promote your site on social media through backlinks.
- Enter a keyword to start finding influencers and bloggers in that niche.
- Sort the results according to relevance.
- Pick bloggers that have a high engagement rate and a large pool of followers.
- You can reach out to these influencers on the software because it also has a built-in outreach program.
This software costs $179-$499 a month. The price is understandable since this tool is very helpful if you need to find bloggers and influencers in your niche.
|Tools||Competitor analysis||Outreach||Find contact details||Find broken links||Disavow links||Digital PR||Unlinked mentions|
|Disavow Links Tool||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Broken Link Builder||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
This marks the end of the list of the best tools for link building. You can use each tool separately for your link building campaigns and your SEO benefits as well. These tools will help you save time and effort in link building.
1. Why is link building important?
Link building translates authority and value to your site making it more visible on the global stage. Your site ranking increases and with it your presence in the market is established.
2. How do I know whether a link building agency is reliable?
Trusted and reliable link building firms use white hat link building methodologies to build links for their clients. Such agencies use ethical practices to create long-standing results.